Monday, June 1, 2009

27 Days to Go!

I have 27 days until I leave for Venezuela, but I am ready now to pack my bags and leave! Bemidji is of course a beautiful place, and being home is wonderful, but I am craving the adventure a new world may offer me.

I'm already concerned about how to pack... How do I?!? What if I take too much and have to pay a huge amount for shipping my bags? These things I am sure will work out in the end...

I also seem to find a great amount of inspiration through quotes, which is probably already a pretty obvious point if you know me a little. But as the time counts down to when I leave for South America, I find myself inspired by a number of traveling quotes as well. The name of this blog was itself taken from a longer quote by Robert Louis Stevenson, “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” A few other favorite ones that I have found are...

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” - Henry Miller

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” - Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment