Sunday, July 3, 2011

Making Kimchi!


Last weekend Katie and I headed over to the apartment of a Korean teacher that used to work at Kids Club, Celine, and is also the mother of one of my students. Our goal: make kimchi. Well, I am happy to say, goal complete!

Some of the ingredients, including greens, carrots, anchovy sauce, red chili powder, garlic, ginger, and sugar:


Here is Celine chopping up the greens to add to the kimchi:


Here I am with my 'baby kimchi' fully stuffed and ready to refrigerate:


And here is the whole gang; from the left are Celine's children, her daughter is a student in one of my advanced classes, Celine, me, and Katie:


Right now, the kimchi is sitting in my fridge on its long process of fermentation. I think next week I will make a stew with it. Making kimchi was far less intimidating than I thought it would be, so this is definitely something I am ready to try on my own. As usual, I'll keep you updated!

P.S.: Thanks to Katie for taking these pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment