Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Typical Dinner


One of my favorite things in the world is a fresh cucumber salad, and with the amazing combinations of flavors they have here, it was easy to put the two together. This is my version of delicious Korean cucumber salad.



First, make sure the cucumber is sliced very thin, no more than 1/8 inch. Really, as thin as you can make them is best.

Then, in a bowl combine 1/3 cup of rice vinegar (I use brown rice vinegar), 1 tsp. sesame oil, 1 tsp. Korean chili pepper, 1 tsp. each of sugar and salt, and a sprinkling of black pepper. Then, add 1 tbs. of sesame seeds. Combine with the cucumber.



Here's the completed salad, a little closeup. Thanks to Rich for these pictures! It's deliciously tangy and salty and sweet. Just how I like my cucumber salad...



I have also been loving making tofu burgers as well. Tofu is very cheap here, about $1 a package, so we use it quite often whenever we eat soup or stir fry. With this recipe, I just add two eggs, some panko crumbs, chili pepper, green pepper, and garlic. Then I just pan fried them for about five minutes on each side.



And here's the finished product... Tofu burgers with cucumber salad and mondu, which are dumplings filled with glass noodles, eggs, and ground pork. This is a pretty typical dinner for us, and veeerry delicious, any day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment